Monday, May 5, 2008

Thoughts


This is one which I sometimes find difficulty in
performing it eventhough my heart urges me to do it
whenever there is an opportunity to do so.
Why? Why? Let me tell you why. Ok, here goes :-
One day on my way back from work riding on a public
bus, drops of rain started to fall. Soon it turns out to a be
heavy downpour. It was not a problem for me as I was
armed with an umbrella. As I was nearing towards my
house, I saw a young girl standing under a tree. She
was caught off guard under the heavy downpour. Quickly
I ran into my house, retrieved another umbrella & passed
it to the poor soaking girl. Asked her to go home
quickly and told her to hand back the umbrella the next
day which she agreed to do so. Well, that was the end of
my umbrella. It never came back at all. Although the
umbrella does not cost me much, it is the ungratefulness
that hurts me. Some of my friends said that I was stupid
but then till today, I will still lend a helping hand to those
in need as my heart will not let me. Still get suckered
occassionally. Must not let some ungrateful souls to
stop us all from doing what our heart tell us to do ie. lend
a hand to the fallen ones. We must have compassion!
What do you think? What would you do? Am I doing the right thing?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You were doing the right things by lending the umbrealla to the poor soaking girl, continue doing the good work.

although people not appreciate your good deeds and sometimes people may use our kindness to bully us.

Let's us continue to do what is right. God will know what we are doing, He will reward us by doing goods. For the ungratefulness, leave it for God's to judge.

i'm happy to have a kind-hearted friends like you.

Crystal said...

If I were you, I don't think I'll lent her an umbrella since I'm not the "busybody" type of person.. I'm not that generous... -_-" But still, it's very kind of you to do so.. Well, luckily this world still has "good people" like you...

Anonymous said...

I would have tracked her down and killed her.

Only joking, you are a kind person and should not let life make you bitter so that you lose that terrific side to your nature (she will think of you sometimes and she will wish she would have returned the item, all the best
peter

Tim said...

Yes I agree - what you did was what any decent human being would do.

We are only judged by our actions unto others, actions which in turn can create a follow on effect. That is why I believe doing the right thing not only helps out that person but also those that they meet and on it continues.